All ongoing non-essential construction activities in Quezon City and Valenzuela City will be stopped during the implementation of the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) from March 29 until Sunday, April 4.
According to IATF Resolution No. 106, Series of 2021, all non-essential construction activities including minor repairs and renovations are advised to stop.
Only essential and priority projects whether public or private shall be allowed in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH).
Essential and priority construction projects include the following:
1. Essential projects, whether public or private, such as but not limited to quarantine facilities and isolation facilities for persons under Investigation (PUIs), Persons under Monitoring (PUMs), and suspect and confirmed COVID-19 patients;
2. Facilities for the health sector workers, including those dealing with PUMs and suspect and confirmed COVID-19 patients;
3. Facilities for construction personnel who perform emergency works, flood control, and other disaster risk reduction and rehabilitation works;
4. Sewerage projects, water service facilities projects, and digital works;
5. Priority public infrastructure projects; and
6. Priority private infrastructure projects defined as those that refer to food production, agriculture, fisheries, energy, housing, communication, water, utilities, manufacturing, and business process outsourcing (BPO).