‘Hatid-Tulong’ brings home over 500K OFWs

Published March 27, 2021, 4:40 PM

by Alexandria Dennise San Juan

More than half million overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) stranded in Metro Manila due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic have been assisted by the government’s “Hatid-Tulong” program in returning to their home provinces.

(JANSEN ROMERO / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN)

In a statement on Saturday, March 27, the Department of Transportation (DOTr) said a total of 504,859 stranded OFWs have so far been aided since the onset of the transport initiative in May and April last year.

Based on the data shared by the DOTr, as of Friday, May 26, some 153,814 OFWs have been transported by land since May 25, 2020; 264,118 were transported via air transport since May 26, 2020; and 86,927 via sea transport since April 27 last year.

Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade said the Hatid-Tulong program is part of the government’s continuous efforts to ensure the overall welfare of stranded OFWs and help them go back home to their families.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2659546,3066858,3066844,3066841,3066838,3066830,3066827]