An actual trip down memory lane of their pre-nuptial photo shoot in 2019 placed a couple in trouble after they were arrested while trespassing at the Taal Vocano Island which was already declared as a no man’s land due to the danger of imminent eruption.
Col. Rex Arvin T. Malimban, director of the Batangas Provincial Police Office, warned the public against this kind of dangerous adventure, saying those who would defy the public safety measures for the Taal Volcano may end up as memories to be remembered by their friends and relatives should the volcano suddenly erupt.
The couple and another 23-year old man, based on police report, are residents of the Tanauan City in Batangas.
Worse, Malimban said the couple tagged along two minors, aged 17 and 14, during their adventure at the Taal Volcano Island.
“They told our investigators that they just went to the Taal Volcano Island to check on the condition of the areas where they held the photo shoot for their pre-nup. In fact, one of them was actually doing a live video footage on social media,” Malimban told the Manila Bulletin in an interview.
“This is very dangerous especially that it was the same day that the Phivolcs (Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology) declared Alert Level 2 over Taal Volcano,” he added.
The Taal Volcano Island was home for hundreds of families but were cleared of people after the eruption in January last year. Last month, scores of local residents were forcibly taken out of the Volcano Island, locally referred to as Pulo, as some of them went back.
Malimban said the local pollice immediately responded after being informed about the presence of a group of people at the Volcano Island on Tuesday, March 9. They are facing cases relating to violation of an order against any human activity on protected areas and areas declared as danger zones and disobedience to person in authority.
Malimban said they have been in constant coordination with the Philippine Coast Guard to keep people away from the Volcano Island.