Uh-oh. Just when we thought that the arrival of the vaccines against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) had already provided a bright ray of hope for the country, a sudden surge in new infections has dimmed our prospects, and given two medical experts the indications to make an assessment that the Philippines is already facing a second wave of infections.
As such, COVID-19 stories from all fronts came flooding in, so with messages on the occasion of International Women’s Month, on this Monday afternoon, March 8, 2021, update.
- Is the country facing a second wave of the COVID-19?
- PH can’t afford another lockdown – Roque
- DOH says non-compliance with health protocols was the underlying cause of increase in COVID-19 cases
- Almost 30,000 individuals have received their first dose of coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines since the government rolled out its vaccination program last week
- The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) ordered on Monday, March 8, all local government units (LGUs) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) to implement a crackdown on all quarantine violators and strictly enforce health protocols in all barangays
6) UP-PGH director denies PGH is ‘overwhelmed’ by COVID-19 patients
- Med schools suspend face-to-face internship, clinical clerkship rotation in Metro Manila
- Prospects of Filipinos getting pay hikes getting better, according to survey
- Pork price ceiling to stay for another month; DA sec explains why
- International Women’s Day
Duterte asks Filipinos: Help free women from ‘bondage of inequality’
VP Leni to women: Answer the calls to leadership
Honor women for COVID-19 role; support women in fight vs. human rights violations – CHR
The Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) on Monday, March 8, underscored the need to improve further the enforcement of laws protecting the rights of women.
- Following the adjustments in this school year’s calendar for public schools, the Department of Education (DepEd) said that private schools can make the “necessary adjustments” for the opening of School Year (SY) 2021-2022.
- Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the brightest teacher of them all?
- LPA may bring rains over parts of PH by mid-week
- App allows taxpayers to verify tax identification number, or TIN