5 Mandaluyong villages log zero COVID-19 cases

Published December 7, 2020, 4:28 PM

by Jhon Aldrin Casinas

Five barangays in Mandaluyong City recorded zero cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Mayor Carmelita Abalos said Monday.

As of December 6, the barangays with zero COVID-19 cases are Buayang Bato, Burol, Daang Bakal, New Zaniga, and Pleasant Hills.

Based on the data from the local government, some of the barangays in the city logged zero active cases for several weeks now.

“Panatilihin po nating zero. ‘Wag po nating hayaan na magkaroon pa uli para sa ganun ay talagang matapos na po natin itong pandemic (Let’s keep at zero. We should not allow to have another infection so we could really end this pandemic),” Abalos said.

Latest data from the City Health Department showed that Barangay Addition Hills, among the densely populated areas in the city, now only has three active cases.

The village previously logged the most number of infections in Mandaluyong. 

Earlier, portions of the barangay were placed under lockdown due to a surge of COVID-19 infections.

Mandaluyong currently has 91 active cases of COVID-19 as of December 6. Since March, the city recorded a total of 5,611 confirmed cases, with 5,355 recoveries, and 165 deaths.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["metro","news","news"]
[2566743,2849778,2849713,2849710,2849701,2849682,2849696]