The country’s COVID-19 cases crossed the 378,000-mark after 2,006 new infections were reported by the Department of Health (DOH) on Friday.
The Philippines already logged 378,933 COVID-19 cases, 10 months after the first infection was announced in the country.
In its latest case update, the DOH said that 10.9 percent of the total figure are active cases or 41,291 people are currently ill, of which, 83.3 percent are exhibiting mild symptoms, 11.1 are asymptomatic, 3.6 percent are in critical condition, and 2.0 percent are severe.
According to the DOH, the areas with the highest number of new cases detected on Friday were Batangas with 124, Cavite with 121, Quezon City 105, Rizal with 89, and Bulacan with 81.
There were 38 new fatalities reported, bringing the country’s death toll to 7,185. Meanwhile, 636 more patients have recovered from the illness, raising the total to 330,457.
Of the new deaths, 15 occurred this month, 11 in September, seven in August, and the five others happened in May to July.
“Eight duplicates were removed from the total case count. Of these, four were recovered cases. Moreover, 23 cases previously tagged as recovered were reclassified as deaths,” the DOH noted.
“Bagamat tayo ay nagre-ready na sa vaccine trials, we would also request everyone that huwag natin kalimutan that we should always continue to practice the ‘BIDA’ behavior. Follow our minimum health standards of bawal ang walang mask and face shield, sanitize ang mga kamay, dumistansya ng isang metro, and alamin ang tamang impormasyon
[Although we are now preparing for the vaccine trials, we would also request everyone not forget and always continue to practice the ‘BIDA’ behavior. Follow our minimum health standards of wearing a mask and face shield, sanitizing hands, keeping a distance of one meter, and always get the right information],” said DOH Health Promotion and Communication Service Director Dr. Beverly Ho.