The city government of San Juan has shortened its curfew hours to 12:00 midnight to 5 a.m.
“Effective today (Oct. 12), our curfew in San Juan will be from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m.,” San Juan City Mayor Francis Zamora wrote on Twitter.
The city-wide curfew hours are from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
“All health and safety protocols will remain in place and will be strictly enforced through our COVID-19 local ordinances and IATF (Inter-Agency Task Force) resolutions and directives,” he added.
Among the individuals who can move around the city even during curfew hours are the following:
- healthcare workers and frontline personnel
- on-duty police, military personnel, and law enforcers
- on-duty government workers and private company employees
- public transport drivers
- delivery personnel of basic goods
- individuals facing emergencies
- city officials authorized by the local government
Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles had earlier said the curfew hours in Metro Manila can be gradually eased to allow businesses to extend operating hours and to let employees travel at ease.