‘Search efforts for missing Pinoy seafarers being pursued,’ says Roque

Published September 28, 2020, 2:33 PM

by Genalyn Kabiling

The government is committed to exhaust ways to further the search operations for the missing Filipino seafarers aboard the ship that capsized off Japan early this month.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Jr.
(YANCY LIM / PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN)

Presidential spokesman Harry Roque has assured the families of the missing Filipino crew members of the government’s resolve to look for them.

“Siyempre gagamitin natin lahat ng puwede nating gawin para mahanap natin ang mga nawawala nating kababayan (We will do everything we can to find our missing countrymen) I can assure the families of that,” he said during a televised press briefing Monday.

“We will explore how to further (pursue) the process of tracing kung nasaan ang mahal nila sa buhay. Hindi pa po tapos (We will explore how to further the process of tracing their loved ones. This is not over),” he added.

China earlier expressed regret for not finding the missing sailors from the sunken ship following a request for assistance made by the Philippines.  A statement from the Chinese embassy in Manila also extended its prayers for the mission crew members and offered to continue to help the Philippine government.

A Panamanian cargo vessel M/V Gulf Livestock was sailing to China from New Zealand when it reportedly sent a distress signal amid the stormy weather in the East China Sea on Sept.2.  The ship carried 43 crew members, including 39 Filipino seafarers, and around 5,800 cattle.

The Japan Coast Guard later rescued two Filipino survivors, who have returned to the country last week. The body of a third Filipino was also retrieved.

South Korea and Taiwan have also joined the search for the missing crew members of the Ill-fated cargo ship.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2470064,2531451,2531446,2531444,2531440,2531421,2531392]