Three teams kicked off the resumption of activities in the Chooks-to-Go Pilipinas 3×3 by holding separate practices Wednesday at the Epsilon Chi Center inside the University of the Philippines campus.
Bacolod’s Alfred Batino, Anton Asistio, Chris Lalata, Robin Rono and Choi Ignacio, Zamboanga City’s Joshua Munzon, Alvin Pasaol, Santi Santillan and Troy Rike and Gapan’s Franky Johnson, Chris de Chavez, Karl Dehesa, JR Alabanza and Chico Lanete took part in the three sessions that started 8 a.m.
Safety measures were observed like social distancing and disinfection of the practice facility while being supervised by league commissioner Eric Altamirano and Games and Amusements Board chairman Baham Mitra.
All three teams were cleared to take part in the sessions after undergoing swab tests earlier in the week at the Philippine Children’s Medical Center in Quezon City.
The players also underwent rapid tests prior to the start of each practice and signed for a contract-tracing app called GET Philippines.
“It’s during this first week where we will see if there are things that we can adjust with our system before we get back to the games itself,” said league owner Ronald Mascarinas.
The league said Bicol, Sarangani, Valenzuela City and a special select team are still waiting for the result of their swab tests before being allowed to practice.
The practices are the first step for the country’s first 3×3 pro league, which plans to stage the President’s Cup under a bubble setup at the Inspire Sports Academy in Calamba, Laguna.
That date will depend if community quarantine measures in Laguna allows for Chooks 3×3 to push through with the tournament.