By Joseph Jubelag
GENERAL SANTOS CITY – Authorities have ordered a thorough investigation on the gun attack Wednesday night at a local radio station here which is critical of the KAPA religious ministry that was earlier ordered closed by President Duterte amid charges of involvement in an investment scam.
, executive of the Presidential Task Force on Media Security, ordered the local police to get to the bottom of the attack on the office of the Bombo Radyo Gensan on Amao Road, Barangay Bula, this city, at around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Police Colonel Alden Agradante, city police director, said unidentified gunmen aboard a pick-up fired several shots at the radio station, hitting the glass entrance door of the building.
He said the suspects immediately fled toward Barangay Bula after the attack.
Police found empty shells, slugs for .9mm and .45 caliber pistols from the scene.
Bombo Radyo chief reporter Jojo Bacalanmo said no one was injured during the attack.
“It was a plain harassment to scare us,” Bacalanmo said.
The radio station had been attacking KAPA founder Pastor Joel Apolinario for his alleged involvement in investment scam and large-scale estafa cases.
Apolinario had in turn filed robbery and extortion charges against Bombo Radyo Gensan station manager Jonathan Macailing and reporter Salvador Galanao for allegedly extorting money from him in exchange for stopping the airing of issues against KAPA.
Egco said the task force is closely coordinating with the police authorities to determine the identity of the suspects and the motive behind the attack.
Police probers are reviewing the CCTV footage which captured the possible identities of the suspects.