By Richa Noriega
The Civil Service Commission (CSC) Central Office has urged the public to use the online appointment schedules for its record management services to avoid walk-in applications amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.
In a statement issued on Monday, the CSC said that the public can book an appointment through the Online Registration, Appointment, and Scheduling System (ORAS) to request for certification and authentication, or certified true copy of the following records on file at the CSC Central Office:
· Career Service (Professional and Subprofessional) Eligibility
· Civil Service Eligibility Granted under Special Laws and CSC Issuance
· CSC Issuance (e.g. Memorandum Circular, Resolution, Decision)
· Statement of Assets, Liabilities and Net Worth (SALN) (for CY 2009 to CY 2018)
· Employee Record (e.g. Appointment Paper for those who were assigned in agencies under the jurisdiction of the National Capital Region and Regional Office No. IV (Southern Tagalog) from CY 1980 to CY 1989, Statement of Service Record of former Civil Service Commission employees, Service Card in various agencies from CY 1930 to CY 1989).
The CSC said the transactions for the mentioned services must go through ORAS and no walk-in clients shall be entertained.
It added that the launch of ORAS is in line with the measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, particularly by managing the flow of clients and reducing their waiting time.
CSC said to use ORAS, a client must follow these steps:
1. Register or sign up at https://services.csc.gov.ph using any web-connected device such as a computer, laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
2. Log-in the account and click the link provided for the instructions on how to use the system; and
3. Select and confirm your appointment date and time.
The CSC had earlier advised its clients to coordinate first with the regional, field, or central office offering the service they wish to avail of, to know the possible modes of transaction, as well as the health protocols being implemented in the office.