Customs destroys 11.2 tons of imported goods

Published June 21, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Hanah Tabios

Some 11.2 tons of unsafe imported goods declared unfit for human consumption were destroyed by the Bureau of Customs (BOC)-Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) on Saturday, marking the agency’s fifth condemnation for the current year.

(BOC / MANILA BULLETIN)
(BOC / MANILA BULLETIN)

The BOC said the condemnation aims to protect the public, as well as decongest its warehouses of overstaying shipments.

The demolished shipments were composed of medicines, chemicals, and food products which do not have clearances from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), thus declared unfit for human consumption.

“Bureau of Customs NAIA will continue to protect the borders from illegal goods and support the directives of the Bureau of Customs Commissioner, Rey Leonardo Guerrero, to ensure vigilance in entry of goods without the necessary health permits,” BOC said in a statement.

So far this year, the BOC-NAIA has already destroyed 28.1 tons of unsafe goods imported without clearances and permits from the government regulating agencies.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2000830,2918085,2918071,2918075,2918051,2918054,2918057]