QC gov’t reports 1,026 total recoveries so far

Published June 4, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Chito Chavez

The Quezon City (QC) government on Friday reported that the number of COVID-19 recoveries has breached the 1,000 mark as of June 4.

Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte (Mayor Joy Belmonte Official Facebook Page / MANILA BULLETIN)
Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte (Mayor Joy Belmonte Official Facebook Page / MANILA BULLETIN FILE PHOTO) 

In a statement, Mayor Joy Belmonte said the city has recorded 1,026 recoveries based on the report submitted by the Quezon City Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (QCESU).

“This is a most welcome and significant development in our effort to combat COVID-19,” Belmonte said.

“Full credit goes to our frontliners who have put their lives on the line. We thank them for their great sacrifice for our residents and for our city,” she added.

The QCESU, headed by Dr. Rolly Cruz, has tallied 178 recoveries in District 1, 119 in District 2, 202 in District 3, 265 in District 4, 105 in District 5, and 157 in District 6.

“Key to the high number of recoveries is the swift testing, tracing, and treatment of possible COVID-19 patients,” Cruz said.

Cruz hopes the city government will “continue this positive trend with the help of national and locally-run hospitals and our Hope community caring facilities.”

As of June 4, the total number of COVID-19 cases validated by the QCESU and District Health Offices reached 2,056, including 844 active/recovering cases and 186 deaths.

However, QCESU figures consistently differ from Department of Health statistics.

 

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2035361,2845744,2845730,2845727,2845716,2845710,2845713]