By Restituto Cayubit
TACLOBAN CITY – The total lockdown imposed in two Leyte barangays was lifted Friday, a report from the local government unit of Burauen said.
Mayor Juanito Renomeron of the town of Burauen, Leyte told reporters that, based on the Executive Order number 17 2020 he signed, the total lockdown imposed in the two adjacent barangays of Balao and Hapunan in his municipality will be lifted starting Friday, May 22.
The total lockdown was imposed in these two barangays when two of the residents from Balao tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) last month.
The lifting of the total lockdown in the two barangays came after two erstwhile COVID-19 positive patients already tested negative after they underwent the mandatory 14-day home isolation period.
It can be recalled, that based on the report of the Department of Health in Region 8 (DOH-8) in Palo, Leyte, EV-patient#5 and EV-patient #7, both female from barangay Balao, Burauen tested negative for coronavirus.
They were discharged from hospital in the first and second week of this month, respectively, making Leyte a COVID-19 free province. Both of them underwent the mandatory 14-day home isolation.
Renomeron said that his town was still under general community quarantine (GCQ) until May 31.