Tagumenyos told to stay vigilant against COVID-19

Published May 3, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Warren Valdez

DAVAO CITY – With the reported recovery of the remaining coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) patient in Tagum City, residents of the city were urged by the local government not to let their guard down as threats posed by the deadly virus were still present.

“Tagumenyos are reminded not to be overconfident because the war against the invisible enemy is still far from over,” the Tagum City government said in a statement.

It issued this warning even as it also confirmed that the city’s remaining COVID-19 patient has already tested negative for the virus.

In the same statement, the city government underscored that “while it is tempting to declare that Tagum is already COVID-free, external threats are still present”.

It noted that there were still six “highly suspicious” patients under investigation, and 47 persons under monitoring (PUMs) for possible infection of the coronavirus.

“What does it mean? The threat of COVID-19 remains high in Tagum City. Even if we no longer have active cases of COVID-19 in our city, we cannot be complacent because we are not yet done from our fight against the coronavirus,” it said.

The Department of Health-Davao Center for Health Development (DCDH) previously reported a total of 10 COVID-19 positive patients in the province of Davao del Norte, with the concentration of all the positive cases in Tagum City.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2004083,2741346,2741297,2741307,2741332,2741292,2741326]