Año sees nothing wrong with the OVP's relief efforts

Published April 2, 2020, 2:04 PM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Hanah Tabios

Interior Secretary Eduardo Año sees nothing wrong with the relief efforts of the Office of the Vice President (OVP) as opposed to the recent statement of Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) commissioner Manuelito Luna Thursday afternoon.

Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo Año (PCOO / MANILA BULLETIN)
Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo Año
(PCOO / MANILA BULLETIN)

“I don’t think there is a legal basis to conduct such kind of investigation on the OVP’s activities,” Año told the Manila Bulletin in a text message.

The former military general is designated by President Rodrigo Duterte as the vice chair of the new task force created to implement the government’s national policy to combat the spread of the dreaded coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) in the country.

Luna had earlier said that Robredo’s efforts to aid the frontline workers might be illegal, hence, he urged the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) to conduct a probe.

He cited Robredo’s actions as a form of “competition” or “calculated to undermine” the government efforts to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.

His colleague and fellow commissioner Greco Belgica, however, absolved Luna’s statement and said that it was just his personal opinion. He said the body “is not asking anyone to investigate the OVP.”

But Robredo just shrugged off the PACC commissioner’s call for probe, emphasizing that there’s more work that needs to be done.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2016792,2842286,2842269,2839322,2842265,2842259,2842249]