3 known cases of COVID-19 infections are from QC –Belmonte

Published March 10, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By MB Online

Mayor Joy Belmonte confirmed on Tuesday that three of the 24 confirmed cases of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the country are from Quezon City.

Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte (MAYOR JOY BELMONTE FACEBOOK / MANILA BULLETIN)
Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte
(MAYOR JOY BELMONTE FACEBOOK / MANILA BULLETIN)

The first patient is a 57-year-old man who lives in Baler Street in Quezon City with no recent travel history, Belmonte said in an interview with DZMM Teleradyo.

Health officials have already placed his family under quarantine. None of them showed symptoms so far, Belmonte added.

The second patient, who was in his 30s, lives in a condominium unit in Tomas Morato Avenue, the mayor disclosed. The patient is currently admitted in a private hospital outside Quezon City.

Belmonte said she already ordered the condominium unit to be disinfected last Monday.

Meanwhile, the third patient, 50, is a resident of Project 6. Authorities, however, are still looking for the patient’s home because the initial address given was not accurate, said Belmonte.

President Duterte placed the country under a State of Public Health Emergency on Monday following the resurgence of the COVID-19 cases in the country and the confirmation of its local transmission.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2051929,2876837,2876833,2876830,2876815,2876824,2876811]