Another Filipino tests positive for coronavirus in Hong Kong

Published February 27, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Roy Mabasa

The Hong Kong Health Department has confirmed that a 29-year-old Filipina has tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), the Philippine Consulate office in Hong Kong said on Thursday.

In a statement, the Consulate said immediately called the concerned Filipino who is working as a domestic helper in the former Crown Colony to ascertain her condition

“She is in good spirits and said she no longer has fever. She added that she is well taken care of but hospital visits are not allowed given that she is in isolation,” the Consulate said.

It was learned that the COVID19-affected Filipino national requested for some personal items that the Consulate will immediately bring to her anytime today. The OFW also requested the Consulate to keep her identity secret.

As of today, the Consulate said only one Filipino remains in quarantine and is said to be “healthy and asymptomatic” and will be released tomorrow, February 28.

The first Filipino COVID-19 patient, on the other hand, is scheduled to be released this week, provided her test results remain negative.

The Consulate vowed to continue to closely monitor the condition of all Filipino nationals and render all the necessary assistance.

As of Wednesday, Hong Kong has 80 confirmed cases of the virus and two deaths so far. (With a report from MB Online)

 

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2055054,2846380,2846337,2846334,2846303,2846237,2846228]