Ban on vendors in Manila’s major roads to remain even during Yuletide season

Published November 10, 2019, 4:49 PM

by Francine Ciasico

By Erma Edera

Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso bared that there will be no “Christmas break” on the ban of vendors along the major roads and thoroughfares in the nation’s capital.

Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso (Manila Public Information Office / MANILA BULLETIN)
Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso
(Manila Public Information Office / MANILA BULLETIN)

The Mayor debunked the rumors that he had already allowed the vendors to occupy the streets of Manila during the upcoming Christmas season.

“Nakagawian na kasi yan. Pag panahon ng Kapaskuhan, lahat ng kalsada puno ng vendors. Ang katwiran, tutal Pasko naman. Tapos alam nyo na kung ano ang kapalit,” Domagoso said.

“We have to consider the greater good of the greater majority- the pedestrians, commuters, motorists and residents of Manila in general–who are adversely affected by the lack of roads they could traverse or walk on. These roads are beyond the commerce of men,” he added.

Domagoso said the efforts of the city government in the road clearing operations was “no joke.”

It can be recalled that the Mayor’s first directives since he assumed office is the clearing of vendor-filled major roads specifically in Divisoria, Recto, Juan Luna, Soler, Blumentritt and Quiapo.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2184378,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2876871,2876877,2876868,2876862,2876858,2876865]