NCRPO, PDEA, NBI, AFP create quad intelligence force to help eradicate illegal drugs

Published September 27, 2019, 4:38 PM

by Francine Ciasico

By Martin Sadongdong 

The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) spearheaded on Friday the creation of Metro Manila’s quad-intelligence force which aims to consolidate all the efforts of the police, Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) and Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) in eradicating illegal drugs in the metro.

National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) P/Maj. Gen. Guillermo Lorenzo Eleazar (PHOTO FROM PIO NCRPO / FACEBOOK / MANILA BULLETIN)
National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) P/Maj. Gen. Guillermo Lorenzo Eleazar (PHOTO FROM PIO NCRPO / FACEBOOK / MANILA BULLETIN)

Major General Guillermo Eleazar, NCRPO director, said the creation of the quad-intelligence force was prompted by the surface of Guia Gomez Castro, Metro Manila’s so-called “Drug Queen” who has alleged links with policemen as her protector.

Castro vehemently denied Eleazar’s allegations.

The quad-intelligence force is composed of the NCRPO led by Eleazar; PDEA-NCR led by its regional director, Joel Plaza; NBI-NCR led by its director, lawyer Cesar Bacani; and AFP Joint Task Force-NCR led by its commander, Brigadier General Alex dela Cruz Luna.

The combined units met in its first meeting at the NCRPO headquarters in Camp Bagong Diwa, Taguig City on Friday.

In a joint statement by the quad-intelligence force, it said that their aim is to run after the scalawags in their own ranks, consolidate their intelligence and operational plans “to shield Metro Manila from the entry of new drug supplies,” and “sweep” all illegal drugs that have already been distributed in the metropolis.

“Our goal is clear: no compromise and zero tolerance among our ranks against those who continuously defy and brazenly challenge the government might against illegal drugs,” it said.

‘Drug queen’

Eleazar first revealed the identity of Castro as Metro Manila’s drug queen last Tuesday after PDEA Director General Aaron Aquino earlier revealed that recycling of illegal drugs among ninja cops remain “rampant.”

Castro, the former barangay chairwoman of Barangay 484 in Sampaloc, Manila, was allegedly at the forefront of shabu operations in Metro Manila and nearby provinces since some three years ago, Eleazar said.

However, Castro’s supposed drug operations have been affected when President Duterte came into power and the war on drugs was launched.

According to the NCR police chief, nine of the 16 cops supposedly protecting Castro had been killed, one was arrested, two were dismissed, two went AWOL [absent without official leave] and two others retired.

Eleazar said Castro has since left the country to “lie low.” This was later confirmed by the Bureau of Immigration.

During the meeting of the quad-intelligence force, Eleazar bared that at least three warrants of arrest were issued against Castro.

The first arrest warrant was ordered by Judge Emilio Leachon Jr., of the Quezon City Regional Trial Court Branch 224, on March 1, 2002 for violation of Republic Act 6425 or the Dangerous Drugs Act.

The two other warrants, issued by Judge Corazon Romano of Quezon City RTC Branch 43 on March 14, 2003 and Judge Manuel Sta. Cruz of Quezon City RTC Branch 43 on June 6, 2011, were for violation of Batas Pambansa Bilang 22 or the bouncing checks law.

Authorities have repeatedly tried to serve the warrants against Castro but she has evaded them supposedly through her “connections.”

Now, Eleazar said that Castro will be the first subject of the combined intelligence work of the newly formed quad-intelligence force.

He said they are hoping to extradite Castro and put her behind bars once and for all.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2166604,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2875347,2874140,2875341,2875338,2875335,2875332]