10th most wanted man of Eastern Police District arrested in Caloocan
A painter, tagged by police as the 10th most wanted man of Eastern Police District and accused of homicide, was arrested in Caloocan City Wednesday.
Police have identified the suspect as 29-year-old Norwin Pamo of Barangay Bagong Silang, Caloocan City.
Armed with an arrest warrant, members of the Intelligence Unit of the District Mobile Force Battalion nabbed Pamo at his house on Wednesday night.
Hon. Ira Fritzie C. Cruz-Rojo, Presiding Judge of Regional Trial Court Branch 67 in Pasig City issued the warrant against the suspect for the crime of homicide.
Pamo was accused of stabbing to death his co-worker Edgardo Epoc at the construction site they were previously working at in Pasig City on Jan. 26, 2014.
An investigation report revealed that it all began when the suspect got irritated after losing to Epoc in a cara y cruz game. It led to a heated argument between the two, and even a fist fight.
The suspect, however, got hold of a knife and stabbed the victim to death, a witness told probers.
With multiple stab wounds on his body, Epoc was rushed to Mandaluyong City Medical Center but was declared dead on arrival.
Pamo, on the other hand, managed to make his escape and went into hiding for five until his eventual arrest.
He was turned over to Pasig City Police Station for custody. (Jhon Aldrin Casinas)
Ex-convict nabbed for drug possession and illegal carrying of a bladed weapon
An ex-convict has returned behind bars after he was arrested by policemen for allegedly carrying bladed weapons in San Juan City Friday.
San Juan City Police chief Col. Ariel Fulo said 29-year-old Omar Tuscano was nabbed during an anti-criminality operation along Barasoain Street in Barangay Little Baguio at around 3:30 p.m.
Moments before the arrest, the police chief disclosed that two men with a knife and an improvised ice pick were seen walking along the street by members of Police Community Precinct 2.
The policemen then attempted to apprehend the duo but they quickly ran away. They even climbed the fence of a house along P. Guevarra Street to elude their pursuers.
Following a brief chase under the blazing afternoon heat, Tuscano was collared while his companion escaped.
Police seized from his possession a knife and an ice pick. When he was frisked, Tuscano also yielded seven sachets of suspected shabu, police said.
According to Fulo, Tuscano was previously charged with robbery in 2016. After serving his sentence for two years, he was released in 2018.
A known drug pusher and user, Tuscano is also listed in the San Juan City Police illegal drug watchlist.
Charges for illegal possession of deadly weapon and violation of comprehensive dangerous drugs act were prepared against the suspect. (Jhon Aldrin Casinas)
Man wanted for theft in Malabon nabbed in Valenzuela
A wanted person for three counts of qualified theft in Malabon City was nabbed by authorities in Valenzuela City recently.
Police identified the wanted as Ronalyn Lindayag, 40, married, jobless, and resident of Artex Compound, Barangay Panghulo, Malabon.
Armed with a warrant, the Malabon City Police Station (MCPS) arrested Lindayag through a police operation along P. Gregorio Street, Linguanan at around 5:30 p.m on June 20.
The warrant for her arrest was issued by judge Misael M. Ladaga of Regional Trial Court Branch 292 in Malabon.
Lindayag was then turned over to the MCPS custodial facility, a belated police report showed. (Dylan Afuang)
Four including a notorious leader of an illegal drug syndicate nabbed in Manila
Four drug suspects including the alleged notorious leader of an illegal drug syndicate in Manila were arrested by police in Tondo, Manila on Friday.
The police identified the suspects as Raymart Mendoza, 25; Jimmy Constantino, 35; Adriel Cruz, 31– all residents of Tondo, Manila and Annie Rose Gonzales, 35, resident of Commonwealth, Quezon City.
Police said Cruz is the notorious leader of an illegal drugs syndicate operating in Manila and nearby cities.
Investigation showed Moriones police operatives were conducting an anti-criminality operation along Radial Road 10, Barangay 20, Zone 2, Tondo Manila at around 11:45 p.m. on June 21.
Recovered from the suspects were five bricks of suspected marijuana and four sachets of suspected marijuana with an estimated street value of P170, 000.
Two motorcycles, one backpack, two mobile phones and P6,000 marked money were also seized from them.
The pieces of evidence were submitted to the crime laboratory of the Manila Police District (MPD) headquarters for qualitative and quantitative examination.
They were temporarily detained at the Moriones’ custodial facility for booking and documentation.
Violation of Section 11, Article II of the Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 will be filed against them. (Erma Edera)
Police on the hunt for suspect who shot the car of VACC president
Police are now hunting the man who shot at the car of the Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC) president that is being used by his wife in front of a public market in Quezon City on Friday afternoon.
Quezon City Police Station 10 chief, Lt. Col. Benjie Tremor, said 67-year-old Evelina Evangelista, wife of VACC head Arsenio “Boy” Evangelista, sought help from authorities when she found a bullet hole in the window of her husband’s black Toyota Vios.
According to Evangelista she parked the car in front of Kamuning Market on Shianghio Street in Barangay Kamuning around 1:26 p.m. and left to buy some vegetables.
However, upon returning, she noticed a bullet hole on the upper side part of the passenger door. The window in the passenger seat was also shattered prompting him to ask help from barangay and police authorities.
In a closed-circuit television (CCTV) clip obtained by probers, it was seen that Evangelista parked the car beside the shooter’s black Toyota Sedan which allegedly cause inconvenience to him, police said.
The shooter, described by a witness as a mestizo-looking man wearing wite shart and long pants, immediately boarded his vehicle and shot at the car at 1:35 p.m. before escaping towards T. Gener Street.
Authorities recovered in the crime scene a deformed bullet of an unknown type of handgun which will be subjected for ballistics examination.
While there are no victims in the shooting, the VACC president appealed to the Quezon City police to resolve the incident which he said is “very alarming.”
Further investigation is now ongoing to identify and locate the shooter. (Alexandria San Juan)
Fourth most wanted man of Eastern Police District shot dead by police
A rape suspect tagged as the fourth most wanted man of Eastern Police District died when he was shot by a policeman after he allegedly resisted arrest in Antipolo City, Rizal province Friday.
According to a report from the Eastern Police District, members of the Intelligence Unit of District Mobile Force Battalion was serving an arrest warrant against Raymund Mini in Sitio Dulong Crasher, Barangay San Roque in Antipolo on Friday noon.
Investigation revealed that Mini, a security guard, resisted arrest and pushed the two policemen serving the warrant before quickly running away.
The lawmen then chased the suspect where he was cornered moments later at a grassy part in the area.
They attempted to pacify Mini, but police said in a report that the two officers were “overpowered and beaten” by the suspect.
Police said Mini pulled out a bladed weapon and aimed it to one of the officers while trying to escape. This prompted the other police officer to shoot the suspect.
Mini sustained a bullet wound on his left leg, a usually non-fatal wound, and was brought to Rizal Provincial Hospital System Annex II at around 1 p.m., but he was pronounced dead at around 2:52 p.m.
The two police officers, meanwhile, sustained wounds and bruises during the commotion with the suspect.
Police Col. Florendo Quibuyen, EPD officer-in-charge, told the Manila Bulletin that Mini died due to loss of blood.
Quibuyen said he already asked Police Lt. Col. Hermogenes Cabe, the DMFB commander, to explain regarding the fatal serving of the arrest warrant.
The newly-appointed officer-in-charge said he is wondering how far was the scene to the hospital where the suspect was brought, as well as how long it took for the operatives to bring the suspect to the hospital for treatment.
“These are the questions that need to be answered by the operatives,” Quibuyen said in an interview over the phone.
The district deputy director for administration noted he will also ask the Rizal Provincial Police Office to submit to him their report regarding the incident to avoid bias.
Police said 29-year-old Mini was listed as the district’s most fourth most wanted person accused with rape.
Presiding Judge Hon. Maria Rowena Modesto-San Pedro of Regional Trial Court Branch 158 in Pasig City issued the non-bailable warrant against Mini on February 4. (Jhon Aldrin Casinas)
20 houses destroyed in fire incident in Paranaque
20 houses were destroyed leaving 50 families homeless in an hour fire that hit a crowded neighborhood the other night in Paranaque City.
Meanwhile, two residents in the area whose names were not immediately available in the report were rushed to the nearby hospital after they reportedly experienced a hard time in breathing brought by the thick smoke of the blaze.
Base on the investigation conducted by the Parañaque City Bureau of Fire Protection (BPF), the fire started in one of the houses in the crowded neighborhood in Sitio Gulaya, Barangay Moonwalk, Parañaque City at about 11:13 p.m. Friday.
According to Fire Senior Inspector Alexander Dale Baena, chief of the Parañaque BFP for Operations, the fire immediately spread to the nearby houses that are made up of semi-light materials where the third alarm was raised at 11:38 p.m.
Firefighters from nearby cities responded to the fire scene but found it hard to extinguish the blaze as there was only one alley as entry and exit point that leads to the houses that were engulfed by the blaze.
Residents in the area worked for hand in hand to help firefighters connect the fire hoses in order to reach the blazing houses and extinguish them.
There was no reported casualty in the blaze while fire out was declared at 12:43 a.m.
Arson investigators are yet to distinguish the cause of the fire, as well as its origin with the estimated damage to property, reached P150,000. (Jean Fernando)