By Analou De Vera
Thirty-six tourism service providers in the country were awarded with Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Tourism Standards Awards led by the Department of Tourism (DOT) on Friday.
Tourism Undersecretary Arturo Boncato Jr. said that the awardees have achieved the “highest standards of tourism” not only in the Philippines but all over the ASEAN region.
“Reaching the ASEAN standards is already something that we have to be proud of and should in fact continue and use that as a vehicle for us to influence other stakeholders in the industry to be compliant of these standards,” said Boncato during the awarding ceremony held at the Diamond Hotel in Manila.
The ASEAN Tourism Standards Awards is an initiative of the 10-member state that encourages different stakeholders to adhere to international standards particularly on sustainable tourism services.
Tourism Assistant Secretary Maria Rica Bueno said that the DOT is delighted to see the growing interest of the different local industry partners to follow the international tourism standards; and be among the frontliners in providing consistent and exceptional services.
“Compliance with standards not only aims in sustaining the business in the long run but also improves the quality of services received by our valued travelers. This proves to be beneficial as enhanced tourist experience encourages more returned visitors and thereby contribute to increasing tourism expenditure,” she said.
“Let us continue to work hand-in- hand in raising the bar for a progressive tourism and to be the world-class destination that we always desire and we ought to be,” she added.
Awardees for the ASEAN Homestay Standard Catergory are:
1. Kiangan Homestay Association (Ifugao)
2. Agamang Homestay
3. El Kikasa Homestay
4. Jo & Sons Homestay
5. Lena’s Homestay
6. Marivic’s Homestay
7. Siquijor Isla Mystica Homestay Association (Siquijor)
8. Agan’s Homestay
9. Ates Homestay
10. Dapdap Sunset Grill– Beachfront Homestay
11. Estelita Homestay
12. Omandam Homestay
13. Batanes Homestay Association (Batanes)
14. Jarvan Homestay
15. My Father’s Inn Homestay
16. Necy’s Homestay
17. RL Puriran’s Homestay
18. Savatan Homestay
19. Cabarroguis Homestay Association (Cagayan Valley)
20. D’ Fields Homestay
21. El Rea’s Homestay
22. Explore Quirino Homestay
23. Germinal Homestay
24. Joyce Homestay
Awardees for the ASEAN Spa Services Tourism Standard Category are:
1. InBalance Spa (Quezon City)
2. Quan Spa at Marriot Hotel Manila (Pasay City)
3. Healing Sanctuary Spa at the Farm at San Benito (Batangas)
4. Chi, The Spa at Shangri-La (Cebu City)
5. Lazuli Spa (Davao City)
Awardees for the ASEAN Community-Based Tourism Standard Category are:
1. Palaui Environmental Protectors Association (Cagayan Valley)
2. Tour Guide and Recreation Association, Inc (Rizal Province)
3. Sabang Mangrove Paddle Boat Tour Guide Association (Puerto Princesa City)
Awardees for the ASEAN Public Toilet Standard Catergory are:
1. G & B Restaurant (Nueva Vizcaya)
2. Cordillera Convention Hall (Baguio City)
3. Maramag Commercial Center B-LGU Maramag (Bukidnon)
4. The SM Store CDO Downtown Premier (Cagayan de Oro City)