Meet Sonos Beam, the most versatile smart speaker for the living room, delivering incredible sound for virtually any streaming content. Providing a simple, rich sound experience from movies and TV shows to music and podcasts, Beam supports 80+ music services, Amazon Alexa and Apple AirPlay 2.
Mod Audio PH launched a media event focusing closely on the Sonos sound system, Sonos Beam, and the future of smart homes with the voice assistance.
Like all Sonos speakers, Beam is part of the Sonos home sound system, meaning owners have the option of adding two Sonos Ones/Play:1s/Play:3s for surround sound, and a SUB to complete a 5.1 setup. Owners can also control Beam the way they choose, whether it be with voice assistance, the Sonos app, or with third-party apps like Spotify, Audible, Pandora and Tidal.
Out of the box, Beam comes with Amazon Alexa as its main platform. Beam will eventually support additional voice assistants (Apple Siri via Airplay 2 and Google Assistant currently running on beta testing) as they become available with just a firmware update away.
“In a smart speaker category increasingly filled with tech clutter, poor audio quality and ulterior motives, Beam is the best example yet of what makes Sonos different,” said Sonos CEO Patrick Spence. “Our open approach, obsession with design, focus on quality and commitment to building a system that’s easy to use and gets better over time are at the heart of everything we do. We believe we’ve created the best, most versatile, smart speaker in the world.”
Sonos Beam was tuned by a team of world-class acoustic engineers collaborating with leading sound experts from the worlds of film, music and television. The result is a product that faithfully represents the artists’ work and delivers an unparalleled listening experience. Beam produces a surprisingly wide soundstage for a speaker of this size, with four custom-built elliptical full-range woofers and three passive radiators delivering deep, warm bass and superior mid-range performance, while a single tweeter ensures crisp and clear dialogue.
Sonos Beam is now available for purchase online and our following retail outlets
- MODULARITY SHOWOOM
- 4th Floor Megamall Fashion Hall, SM Megamall, Mandaluyong, Philippines
- POWER PLANT MALL, ROCKWELL
- The Power Plant Mall, Rockwell Center, Amapola Street, Makati City.
- SM APPLIANCE CENTER AURA
Sonos Beam Fact Sheet
Sonos Beam is the smart speaker for your living room. Experience incredible sound while streaming music, watching TV and movies, enjoying podcasts and audiobooks, or playing video games. As part of Sonos’ home sound system, Sonos Beam supports more than 80 streaming services. Amazon Alexa comes built in with future support for multiple voice assistants including Google Assistant.
- – For any home. In all white or black to complement your home, the curved silhouette quietly blends into its surroundings.
- – Nothing off the shelf. Every acoustic component is custom-designed by Sonos and tuned for immersive sound to fill the entire room.
- – Compact size. At only 25.6 inches long, Sonos Beam won’t hang off furniture, block the TV or overwhelm your space.
- – Place Sonos Beam on your TV stand or purchase the custom designed wall mount to easily and securely hang it.
- – Simple to set-up. Plug Sonos Beam into power and then connect it to your TV using the HDMI cord. That’s it. Forget the tangled mess of traditional home theater systems.
- – Control your way. Control Sonos Beam with your voice, the Sonos app, your existing TV remote, your favorite music service’s app, and soon, AirPlay.
- – Smart voice recognition. Noise cancellation and beamforming technology make sure you’re heard, even when the music is blasting, including multi-channel echo cancellation to account for a full 5.1 listening experience.
- – Optimized for your listening. From within the Sonos App – tap Speech Enhancement so you never miss a word, or Night Mode to amplify quiet noises and reduce loud ones so you can enjoy late night TV without waking the entire house.
- – Tune with Trueplay. Trueplay analyzes all the acoustic factors in your room—size, layout, décor and speaker placement—and tunes Beam to sound its absolute best.
- – Better over time. As part of the Sonos system, Beam gets new features through regular software updates.
- – Sound for your whole home. Easily connect Sonos speakers in different rooms over WiFi to create a home sound system that brings every room and everyone together.
Microphone: Five far-field microphone array used for advanced beamforming and multichannel echo cancellation.
Amplifier: Five Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speaker drivers and acoustic architecture.
Elliptical Woofer: Four full-range woofers ensure you’ll hear the true playback of mid- range vocal frequencies plus deep, rich bass.
Tweeter : One tweeter to create crisp and clear dialogue.
Passive Radiator :Three passive radiators make surprisingly deep and warm bass for the compact-sized speaker.
Dimensions: 25.625 x 3.94 x 2.70 in. (651 x 100 x 68.5 mm)
Product Finish : White with white fabric grille; black with black fabric grille.
Weight :6.2 lbs (2.8 kg)
Capacitive touch controls for volume up/down, previous/next track, play/pause, add to group, microphone mute. LED indicates status, mute status and voice feedback.
Power and Networking
Power Supply:Auto-switching 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz AC universal
HDMI : Connect Sonos Beam to your TV’s HDMI ARC port to sync the audio, picture and your remote. HDMI ARC improves your remote control.
Ethernet Port : One 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port. Wire directly to your router to operate your Sonos if Wi-Fi is unstable.
Wi-Fi : Connects to your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4 GHz broadcast capable router for uninterrupted wireless streaming. Connects directly via rear surrounds or Sonos SUB to 5 GHz broadcast.
AirPlay 2 : Works with AirPlay 2, when available.
Use Beam with the latest Alexa-enabled video streaming devices such as Fire TV to unlock more hands-free control. You can find, launch and control video streaming content using your voice and even change channels within supported apps. Just say:
“Alexa, turn on the TV”“Alexa, find adventure movies on Netflix” “Alexa, play Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu” “Alexa, open ESPN”“Alexa, pause”
Sonos Beam will support Amazon Alexa in the US, UK, Germany, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and soon in France, with support for Google Assistant coming this year.
Beam is future-ready for when Sonos and a voice service launch together in your region.