Here are quotes from President Duterte’s third State of the Nation Address:
– The war against illegal drugs is far from over.
– Your concern is human rights, mine is human lives.
– Human rights to me means giving Filipinos a decent and dignified future.
– Our improved relationship with China does not mean we will waiver our commitment with the West Philippine Sea.
– The protection of the environment must be top priority.
– Do not just give me taxes…give me what should be given to my countrymen.
– I am a worker of government and it is my vow to make sure that your [OFWs] well-being remains our foremost foreign policy concern.
– I’ve always believed that no matter how well-intentioned a leader is, if he lacks political will to do what needs to be done, they can only end up a failure and a hopeless dreamer.
– As a government worker, I promise to do whatever it takes to give Filipinos a comfortable life, fighting powerful interests and making sacrifices, my obligation is to promote the greatest good for the greatest number.
-To me, war is not an option. We have seen the horror.
-I worry about the future because I know what crimes can do to the youth of this country if it is not stopped.
-TRAIN is already helping the poor families and senior citizens to cope with rising prices.
-Strong political determination, not political ambition is the guiding light.
-I promise to give Filipinos a comfortable life even if it means fighting interests.