12 CIIF-OMG officials were not forced to quit posts, Malacañang clarifies

Published July 13, 2018, 5:06 PM

by Francine Ciasico

By Genalyn Kabiling

Twelve officials of the Coconut Industry Investment Fund-Oil Mills Group (CIIF-OMG) were not forced to quit their posts, Malacañang made clear Friday amid reports they were opposed to the appointment of a head by President Duterte.

Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea (Malacañang Photo Bureau / MANILA BULLETIN)
Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea (Malacañang Photo Bureau / MANILA BULLETIN)

Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea said the CIIF officials voluntarily submitted their resignation, adding they were serving in a holdover capacity. The terms of service of the concerned officials expired last June 2017.

“The CIIF members voluntarily tendered their resignations. They are just there in holdover capacity,” Medialdea said.

The Palace has reportedly accepted the resignation of the concerned CIIF officials.

The CIIF officials, including chairman of the board Eddie Delima, have left their posts in protest of President Duterte’s nomination of Rehan Lao to head the company. They reportedly questioned the competence and integrity of Lao to lead the company.

Lao was appointed member of the board of directors of CIIF-OMG for the San Pablo Manufacturing Corporation, Southern Luzon Coconut Oil Mill, Inc., and Legaspi Oil Company, Inc. last month. He will serve the unexpired term of former Senator Wigberto Tañada which started July 1, 2018 and will end on June 30, 2019.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2508041,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2916395,2916382,2916381,2916379,2916377,2916376]