By Nelly Favis Villafuerte
On May 5, 1986, my first article in this column about the Bible appeared. By God’s grace, this column will be completing its 32nd year this coming May 5. Through all these years, I have been writing in this column every Sunday. More than 50 percent of my articles (and still writing) are about Israel and its capital Jerusalem; about its people (known as the Jews, Hebrews, or Israelites); about the struggles of the Jewish people to survive; and about the major role of Israel in the end times.
One may ask: Why this special treatment/attention given to Israel in my column? Because the reality of our living God can be gleaned from what the Bible says about Israel and its people, the Jews. Because by writing regularly and unceasingly about Israel, this column hopes to create and raise consciousness about Israel, especially God’s prophetic plan for Israel.
Many Bible-believing Christians are familiar with the story of King Frederick the Great of Prussia who asked his Bible-believing chaplain the following question: “Give me a good argument of the God of the Bible.” The spontaneous response of the chaplain: “The Jew, Your Majesty.” This short remark is also the sentiment of many people nowadays, especially those who are reading the Holy Bible. For indeed, the history, the psyche, and the bonding of the Jews since Biblical times to this day is an extraordinary demonstration of God at work. God’s judgment, His promise, His sovereignty, His omnipotence, His prophecy and His compassion and faithfulness are all capsulized in the movements of the Jewish people and in the ongoing political struggle of the Jewish nation, Israel, to preserve its national identity. No wonder – people all over the world are watching every movement of Israel and its political leaders.
Should we support Israel today? Yes. We should support Israel because we believe in God and because we believe that Israel is special to God. At this present tumultuous time of global conflict, both political and spiritual, where Israel is at the center of attention – we must not hesitate to show our concern and care for Israel, a tiny nation with less than 1/1000 of the world’s population. We must always be on God’s side.
We believe that Israel has such a colorful Biblical and historical background.
Let us consider the following:
- Israel is the only state/nation that has been exposed to sustained publicity during Biblical times up to this time.
- Israel has been contributing to the world stunning and awesome innovations and inventions that have tremendously improved the quality of our lives in the fields of science, technology, medicine, culture, entertainment, agriculture, economics, physics, and business. There are recent reports that Israel ophthalmologists will soon test on humans eye-drops that will repair the cornea, improving near-sighted and far-sighted visions.
- Israel miraculously survived being crushed by other people like the Assyrians, the Babylonians, and the Persians. To this day, the Israelites continue its fight to preserve its national identity despite all supernatural odds.
- Israel’s existence is the number one sign of the end-day prophecy; and Israel will play a major role in the last days.
- Israel is the land where it all began because Jesus lived all his life in this place; he was crucified and died in Israel.
- Genesis 12:3 says: “I will bless them that bless thee (referring to Israel), and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.”
Let us unite as one to support, endorse, love, pray, and stand for Israel, the nation that God loves and protects! How? Please JOIN US and SIGN UP to be a member of Filipinos United For Israel in its website: http:// filipinosunitedforisrael.org/.
We are also pleased to announce that we are giving out 100 copies of a book titled “The Mystery of the Jubilee,” the latest book of Daniel K. Goodwin, an American evangelist and author of Christian books – FREE OF CHARGE. Kindly email your complete mailing address if you are interested in receiving a copy. This announcement will continue to appear in this column until we have given out 100 copies of the book.
This book “The Mystery of the Jubilee” will immensely help you discover and understand the Biblical mysteries of the end times that have been sealed for generations. We are now living in the end times.
This column continues to give out copies of the Holy Bible for free to those who cannot afford to buy their own copies. If interested, please send your letter-request to Ms. Nelly Favis Villafuerte, 5233 LRV Building, Fahrenheit St., Palanan, Makati City. Kindly mention if it is the Tagalog, English, Cebuano, or Ilocano Bible that is preferred.
Be joyful and forgiving! (Comments may be sent to Ms. Villafuerte’s email: [email protected])