By Bonita L. Ermac
Iligan City – A 54-year-old woman died after she was electrocuted in a fire that hit a residential area in Purok 17, Barangay Palao Saturday morning.
According to Chief Investigator SFO2 Ruel Lee, about 14 houses were totally damaged by the fire.
Lee said Eliza Gajoc accidentally slipped while fleeing the fire and got hold of a live wire. She was brought to the Gregorio T. Lluch Memorial Hospital where she was declared dead on-arrival.
Francisco Cagais, 47, came to the aid of Gajoc but ended up sustaining second degree burns in the face, neck, arms and legs.
Another resident Aljun Dagumo, 30, sustained lacerations in the right foot.
Fire investigators estimated damage at P300,000.