By Jeffrey Damicog
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) has concluded its probe over the supposed sabotage of Metro Rail Transit 3 (MRT 3) coaches which figured in a decoupling incident on November 16, 2017.
“Ang investigating division who handled that case has already prepared a report,” said NBI Deputy Director Vicente De Guzman III.
“Na kay Seretary Aguirre na po ang report (The report is already with Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II),” De Guzman bared.
De Guzman, however, declined to reveal the contents of the report.
Last November 16, a link of the coaches got detached near the Buendia MRT 3 Station in Makati City, which forced passengers to get out and walk along the tracks.
Because of the incident, Aguirre issued a department order which instructed the NBI to conduct an investigation since sabotage is being attributed as the cause of the incident.
MRT 3 technicians who checked the detached coaches have already ruled out any electrical or mechanical problems.
“It’s impossible for the coupler to separate without human intervention,” Safety Chief Technician Ruel Jose previously said.
Technicians have also discovered that the Messma Card of the decoupled light rail vehicle (LRV) was missing.
The Messma Card functions like a black box that records all applied intervention.