Let’s talk about the benefits of PDLLA fillers and Aesthefill
Plump, healthy, youthful, and rejuvenated skin—these are the great results of fillers. This time, you must have heard and read about fillers, or maybe you have tried them too! And why not? Fillers are a great way to improve one’s overall aesthetic by “filling in” or adding volume to the skin, smoothening out wrinkles, and enhancing contours to execute a fresher and a more youthful appearance. There are several types of fillers derived from other substances. Let’s talk about another filler named Aesthefill made from poly-d,l-lactic acid (PDLLA).
Aesthefill is a brand of injectable filler that uses a collagen-stimulator called Poly-d,l-lactic acid (PDLLA). This is because PDLLA can stimulate collagen production while bringing back the volume and smoothening wrinkles for a naturally youthful result. Collagen is important to the structure of the skin as it provides elasticity and causes the skin to look youthful. As collagen is produced less every year and naturally depleting with time, skin gets saggy and wrinkled as one ages. Aesthefill can address this by encouraging new collagen production while adding the fullness and plumpness for youthful-looking skin. Aesthefill may be injected along the laugh lines, forehead, chin, tear troughs, marionette lines, jaw lines, temples, cheeks, cheekbones, and neck.
Aesthefill is great because it is:
• Safe. PDLLA is biocompatible and biodegradable, according to the Aesthefill website. Moreover, it is safe and non-toxic. It eventually breaks down until it is released naturally from the body.
• Stable. Once injected, the product doesn’t move underneath the skin.
• Flexible. The doctor can adjust the concentration as needed.
• Easy. It is a quick procedure that requires minimal to even no downtime. Minimal side effects include redness and bruising on the injection site. Patients can resume their regular activities after a few days. Post-treatment care such as avoiding alcohol, exercise, and other activities for a few days are discussed by the practitioner.
• Long-lasting. Maximum results appear from four to six weeks after treatment that can last for up to two years!
As collagen is produced less every year and naturally depleting with time, skin gets saggy and wrinkled as one ages.
Not everyone, however, is a candidate for Aesthefill. Like other fillers and treatments, it will depend on your health and skin assessment. Aside from your skin, your dermatologist may also check the state of your overall health, including any medical conditions that you have, procedures done, as well as your current lifestyle. If you are not qualified, there are still other options to address wrinkles such as botulinum toxin injections, lasers, ultrasound therapy, and more.
Overall, dermal fillers are one of the ways to look fresh and youthful by addressing skin aging issues from sagging skin, hollow cheeks, and laugh lines. But remember that to maximize the results, exercise proper skin care habits too such as doing regular exercise, having the proper diet, learning how to manage stress, and getting enough sleep.