- Dell APEX expands with first Microsoft and Red Hat offerings, a series of collaboratively engineered Dell APEX Cloud Platforms to more seamlessly extend public cloud operating environments to on-premises IT deployments
- Dell Technologies and Databricks to connect on-premises data in Dell object storage with Databricks’ Lakehouse Platform for simpler access to data insights
Dell APEX Portfolio advancements aim to strengthen multicloud strategies and simplify IT operations
At a glance
Dell unveils new Dell APEX offerings across cloud platforms, public cloud storage software, client devices and compute. These additions to the industry’s most comprehensive as-a-Service and multicloud portfolio spanning data center to public cloud and client devices1 will help businesses operate and innovate faster through improved management and mobility of their applications and data wherever they reside.
"Our customers continue to look for a simpler technology experience to easily manage and access their assets and applications with predictable costs and greater flexibility," said Chuck Whitten, co-chief operating officer, Dell Technologies. “That’s where Dell APEX comes in. Now, Dell APEX spans the breadth of our portfolio to give customers greater freedom for technology to support businesses as their needs dictate – from PCs and IT on-premises to public clouds and edge locations.”
Dell APEX Cloud Platforms deliver consistent multicloud operations
Dell APEX Cloud Platformsare a portfolio of fully integrated, turnkey systems integrating Dell infrastructure, software and cloud operating stacks that deliver consistent multicloud operations by extending cloud operating models to on-premises and edge environments. Workloads can be placed in the optimal location based on desired performance, cost and security requirements with data mobility across a common multicloud storage layer. Customers will also be able to move data seamlessly between on-premises environments and Dell APEX Block Storage for Public Cloud deployments. Each system is designed to accelerate IT and developer productivity using familiar management tools and software-driven automated deployment and lifecycle management.
The cloud platforms are developed in collaboration with Microsoft, Red Hatand VMware:
- Dell APEX Cloud Platform for Microsoft Azureenhances the Azure hybrid experience with full stack software integration and automated lifecycle management through Microsoft native management tools and extensive engineering collaboration between Dell and Microsoft. The platform is ideal for application modernization and delivers faster time to value of Azure based on Azure Arc-enabled infrastructure with consistent operations and governance across on-premises data centers, edge locations, and the Azure public cloud using Azure Arc.
- Dell APEX Cloud Platform for Red Hat OpenShiftsimplifies container-based application development and management, wherever applications are developed and deployed, through full stack software integration and automation with the industry’s leading hybrid cloud application platform powered by Kubernetes. Customers can run containers and virtual machines side by side, natively within Kubernetes, with a unified experience for a wide variety of workloads, including AI/ML and analytics, with broad GPU support across any hybrid cloud footprint. This offering represents a deep engineering collaboration between Dell and Red Hat, using enterprise Kubernetes and backed by the world’s leading enterprise Linux platform, Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Dell APEX Cloud Platform for VMwaregives customers the flexibility to deploy vSphere on a fully integrated system with highly scalable, high performance Dell software-defined storage. This new offering joins Dell APEX Private Cloud and Dell APEX Hybrid Cloud within the broader Dell APEX portfolio to offer more choice for VMware customers on their multicloud journey.
“For more than a century, Xerox has continually redefined the workplace experience,” said Tino Lancellotti, chief information officer, Xerox. “Dell APEX has helped us optimize our multicloud strategy so that we can deliver software and services that meet the needs of the modern workforce.”
Dell expands data management ecosystem for simpler access to data insight with Databricks’ Lakehouse Platform
To provide customers greater freedom to extract insights from data wherever it resides, Dell and Databricks, the data and AI company, announce a new, multifaceted relationship to connect on-premises data in Dell’s industry-leading enterprise storage platformsand the Databricks Lakehouse Platform.
Dell customers can connect Databricks in the public cloud with Dell object storage, on-premises or in a co-location facility, to analyze data in-place, store results and securely share it with third parties using Databricks’ Delta Sharing capabilities. Dell and Databricks are collaborating to jointly engineer additional integrations that will deliver a seamless experience for Dell object storage within the Databricks Lakehouse Platform.