In recognition of their contributions to the country’s economic growth, President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. has awarded P200,000 to overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) deemed as “inspiring OFWs” by the non-profit Go Negosyo.
This was announced by First Lady Louise Araneta-Marcos, who attended the event in Pasay City on Saturday, December 3, on behalf of her husband.
“Pinapasabi ho ng asawa ko na meron siyang bonus sa mga awardee na tigtu-200,000 pesos each (My husband asked me to announce that he has a bonus for the awardees worth P200,000 each),” she said.
“Merry Christmas, everybody. Thank you to the awardees. Congratulations!” she added.
Go Negosyo gives the Inspiring OFW award to select OFWs to acknowledge their invaluable contribution to the country’s economic growth and prosperity.
The following are this year’s Inspiring OFW awardees:
- Arvin Esperida of Bodega ni Tatay
- Angelito Castro of Angel Castro Aqua Ventures
- Anthony Leuterio, Founder of Filipino Homes
- Elpidia Abel, Inspiring OFW Awardee
- Jeffrey Guansing, YouTube Influencer and founder of Team Harabas
- Malou Prado, owner of MPQ Travel & Tourism
- Mardel Delos Santos of Ledam’s Collections Company
- Mark Durotan of Diko’s Food Processing & Diko’s Integrated Farm
- Marvin Intal of Intal Garments
The awardees were commended for their “passion and determination to become better in their respective fields of business.”