Six Chinese nationals, who worked with Philippine Offshore Gaming Operators (POGOs) whose licenses had been cancelled, will depart for Wuhan, China at 2:40 p.m. today, Oct. 19, on “self-deportation.”
Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin C. Remulla said the departure of the six foreigners will be the first deportations since the government started its crackdown on those working with illegally operated POGOs.
Remulla said the “self-deportation” of the six Chinese nationals was contained in a letter sent to him through Department of Justice (DOJ) Undersecretary Jose R. Cadiz by Bureau of Immigration (BI) Commissioner Norman G. Tansingco.
Tansingco identified those to be deported as Yu Min, Nie Zhengbiao, Gan Xueliang, Xu Yuangang, Qian Jie, and Yang Bin – all male Chinese nationals.
He also told Remulla that the Chinese nationals have been staying at the BI’s Warden Facility (BIWF) in Taguig City after being turned over by the Philippine National Police (PNP) in Pampanga.
“Once the Acting Warden, BI-Warden Facility (BIWF) receives the Memorandum of Deportation, the BIWF shall escort the six deportees from their detention facility to their designated airport terminal,” Tansingco said.
“The Border Control and Intelligence Unit (BCIU) shall likewise assist the BIWF once the deportees arrive at airport terminal to ensure smooth processing and escorting of the deportees to the boarding gate,” he added.
During a press conference last Tuesday, Oct. 18, Remulla said that the first deportees will be on “self-deportation” which means that they have to pay for their trip back to China.
Remulla also said that “there are 400 more foreigners in custody who are being scheduled for deportation.”
TAGS: #DOJ #REMULLA #POGOs #BI