No Filipinos were reported as having been affected by super typhoon Hinnamnor that hit South Korea Tuesday morning, Sept. 6, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said.
The Philippine Embassy in South Korea has been in touch with Filipino community leaders in the affected areas, and so far, no nationals are affected by the typhoon, the department said.
It added that the embassy there issued an advisory, telling Filipinos to be cautious and updated.
"The Philippine Embassy issued an advisory to Filipino nationals to observe caution and to closely monitor developments. The Embassy has likewise been in touch with Filipino Community leaders especially in the most affected areas and to date has not received any reports of Filipinos affected by the Typhoon," the DFA said.
According to the embassy, the typhoon made landfall in the Southeastern region of South Korea at around 4:50 a.m. Tuesday. It exited Korea about more than two hours later.
It was classified by the Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA) as a “very strong” typhoon.
The embassy said the Korean Government is currently assessing the damage brought about by the super typhoon particularly in the coastal areas of Jeju Island, Busan, and Geoje Island.
According to Ambassador Theresa Dizon-De Vega, who is stationed in Seoul. "there is no more rain and Seoul is relatively dry."