The camp of outgoing Vice President Leni Robredo is ready to turn over the Office of the Vice President to the winning vice presidential candidate to ensure a “transition (that is) as smooth and as early as possible.”
Lawyer Barry Gutierrez, Robredo’s spokesman, said they are not sure if the winning candidate, presumptive vice president Sara Duterte, “would want to continue the kind of projects that (have been) started.”
“Kung sakaling gustong ituloy, nandiyan ‘yung buong latag noong programa, nandiyan ‘yung lahat ng mga reports, nandiyan ‘yung lahat na mga processes na nailatag namin in six years (If she wants to continue it, our whole program is already laid out there. We have the reports and all the processes that we had in six years),” Gutierrez said in an interview with One PH on Thursday night.
The spokesman was referring to the Angat Buhay program, which had been the focus of Robredo’s helm. Unlike other vice presidents, Robredo, an opposition, did not spend most of her time in any Cabinet position of President Duterte.
“Meron tayo noong mga iba’t bang mga outreach programs na kumikilos kapag nagkakaroon ng kalamidad o sakuna at nagbibigay ng tulong sa ating mga kababayan (We have different outreach programs that are working during calamities and are helping our fellow),” he said.
“Depende na doon sa susunod kung ano ang kanyang balak gawin doon sa mga proyekto at mga programang sinimulan at kasalukuyang ginagawa ng OVP (Office of the Vice President) (It depends on the incoming vice president, if what is her plans about the projects that were started and are still ongoing),” he added.