Malacañang expressed confidence that the ongoing conflict in Eastern Europe will not adversely affect the country's vaccination program against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), as the Philippines already has enough supply of COVID-19 vaccines.
Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles made the statement amid Russia's invasion of Ukraine that started last week and drove the increase of the prices of some basic commodities.
In his press briefing on Monday, February 28, Nograles exuded confidence about how the country has enough COVID-19 vaccines amid the ongoing armed tension in Europe.
"We are confident that we have enough vaccine supply now dito sa ating bansa (here in our country)," he said.
"In fact, we are so confident na hinihikayat natin ang lahat ng pwedeng magpa-booster ay magpa-booster na po (that we are encouraging everyone qualified to get their booster shot to do so)," he added.
According to Nograles, the country has already secured enough vaccines for the adult population and is now in the process of getting vaccines for kids age 11 and below.
"Na-secure na po natin ang mga kinakailangan nating vaccines sa bansa (We have secured all the vaccines that we need in the country)," he said.
"But, of course, next phase ng vaccination natin yung sa pediatric. Yun po yung sine-secure na natin currently (would be the pediatric vaccination. That is what we're securing right now)," he added.
The acting Palace spokesman likewise assured the public that the government will not let the delivery of vaccines to the country be hampered.
"We're also very confident whatever happens tensions happening now in Ukraine, we, with the international community also, will ensure that the vaccine supplies needed for the Philippines will not be hampered or delayed," he said.
However, Nograles avoided commenting on the country's stand on the Ukraine-Russia conflict, saying any statement about foreign policy should come from the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) or President Duterte himself.