PNP orders probe into gun attack that killed 3 people in Negros Occ

Published February 21, 2022, 7:09 PM

by Aaron Recuenco 

Brig. Gen. Flynn Dongbo, director of the Western Visayas regional police, has ordered a thorough investigation into an ambush in San Carlos City in Negros Occidental that left three people dead.

Quoting initial results of the investigation, Dongbo said all the victims were on board a white sedan that was travelling along a road in San Carlos City on Sunday when armed men started shooting the vehicle in Barangay Palampas.

photo: PRO6 Facebook

The attack killed Andre Fajardo and Russel Bacao who both died on the spot, while Rudy Dela Fuente was declared dead in a hospital where he was taken.

The fourth occupant of the vehicle, identified as Renante Chui, survived the attack but was wounded.

Dongbo said he had already directed the local investigators to look for witnesses and CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) to fastrack the probe.

For his part, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Gen. Dionardo Carlos condemned the attack.

“A thorough investigation is ongoing while the PNP is trying to identify the profile of the victims. We condemn this blatant act of violence that should ultimately be resolved,” said Carlos.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2937307,2998933,2998910,2998930,2998924,2998921,2998900]