The vaccination rate in higher education continues to increase, the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) said.
During President Duterte’s Talk to the People aired on Monday, Jan. 17, CHED Chairman Popoy De Vera said that efforts to boost the vaccination rates for students and personnel at the tertiary level are also ongoing. “Ang vaccination rate namin sa higher education ay napakataas na (Our vaccination rate in higher education has been very high),” he explained.
As of Jan. 13, De Vera said that 87 percent of personnel and 63 percent of students in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) nationwide have been vaccinated against coronavirus disease (COVID-19). De Vera explained that of the 296, 400 teaching and non-teaching personnel, 259, 159 of 87.44 percent of HEI personnel have been vaccinated.
This, he said, shows that 96 percent of HEI personnel have been fully vaccinated and the remaining four percent are partially vaccinated.
Meanwhile, De Vera said that out of the 4,141, 827 tertiary students, 63.04 percent or 2,610, 983 have been vaccinated.
De Vera said that 76 percent of tertiary students have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The remaining 24 percent are partially vaccinated.
“Tuloy-tuloy ang school-based vaccination natin at ang tinutukan ngayon ay yung booster para sa mga tapos na nang kanilang vaccination (Our school-based vaccination continues and we’re focusing now on the booster to be given to those who had completed their vaccination),” De Vera said.
With this latest data coming from CHED Regional Offices nationwide, De Vera said that CHED is close to reaching its target HEI vaccination.
“Malapit na naming maabot, kahit sa mga estudyante, yung required na level para madagdagan yung kaligtasan (We’re close to achieving the required level of safety even among our students),” he added.