1 of 3 NBP escapees found; killed in firefight with pursuing gov't forces

Published January 17, 2022, 4:08 PM

by Jeffrey Damicog

Bureau of Corrections

One of three persons deprived of liberty (PDLs) who escaped at about 1 a.m. today, Jan. 17, from the maximum-security compound of the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) in Muntinlupa City was killed in an encounter with the combined forces of the police and the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor).

BuCor Deputy Director General Gabriel O. Chaclag identified the dead escapee as Pacifico V. Adlawan with Prison No. N218P-2041.

“A 9mm pistol with live bullets and spent shells were recovered near the dead PDL,” Chaclag said.

Adlawan, 49, was a native of San Agustin, Tandag City in Surigao Del Sur and had been convicted of frustrated homicide and use of dangerous drugs.

The two other escapees who are still being pursued within the NBP reservation were identified as Arwin Villeza Bio, 35, who hails from Javier Leyte and was convicted of murder and attempted murder; and Drakilou Yosores Falcon, 34, who hails from Libasqua, San Miguel, Surigao Del Sur and had been convicted of robbery with homicide.

Chaclag said Adlawan was spotted running at noontime along the creek of MCX Highway while clearing operations were being conducted in the outskirts of the NBP reservation.

He said Adlawan started firing his gun when was cornered by combined forces of from the NBP and the Muntinlupa City Police Station.

“Our government forces were forced to retaliate and after sometime, they neutralized the gunman who was later identified as one of the PDL escapees who bolted the MaxSeCom (Maximum Security Compound) prison earlier at dawn today,” Chaclag said.

“Minor injuries were reported on the government side this time and the site of the firefight is now being processed by the PNP (Philippine National Police) Crime Lab SOCO (Scene of the Crime Office) team,” he said.

Justice Secretary Menardo I. Guevarra had directed the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) to probe the escape of the three PDLs and the Jan. 2 NBP riot which resulted in the deaths of three PDLs and injuries to 14 others.

Guevarra said: “I will also recommend to the Office of the President that disciplinary action be taken against BuCor (Bureau of Corrections) officials who may be found guilty of gross neglect of duty.”

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2911059,3004110,3004107,3004059,3004043,3004036,3004013]