Cebu Pacific continues to monitor the situation in its domestic stations after the Philippines’ Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) raised Metro Manila to Alert Level 3 Status until January 15, 2022.
Given the developing situation, CEB is now reviewing its network and manpower levels. As a preemptive measure, the airline is consolidating some of its flights and has cancelled the following from January 4 to 10, 2022:
· 5J891/892 Manila – Boracay (Caticlan) – Manila
· 5J895/896 Manila – Boracay (Caticlan) – Manila
· 5J897/898 Manila – Boracay (Caticlan) – Manila
· 5J909/910 Manila – Boracay (Caticlan) – Manila
· 5J919/920 Manila – Boracay (Caticlan) – Manila
· 5J379/380 Manila – Cagayan de Oro – Manila
· 5J381/382 Manila – Cagayan de Oro – Manila
· 5J389/390 Manila – Cagayan de Oro – Manila
· 5J391/392 Manila – Cagayan de Oro – Manila
· 5J395/396 Manila – Cagayan de Oro – Manila
· 5J551/552 Manila – Cebu – Manila
· 5J553/554 Manila – Cebu – Manila
· 5J561/562 Manila – Cebu – Manila
· 5J565/566 Manila – Cebu – Manila
· 5J575/576 Manila – Cebu – Manila
· 5J573/574 Manila – Cebu – Manila
· 5J951/952 Manila – Davao – Manila
· 5J975/976 Manila – Davao – Manila
· 5J635/636 Manila – Puerto Princesa – Manila
· 5J637/638 Manila – Puerto Princesa – Manila
· 5J649/650 Manila – Tacloban – Manila
· 5J657/658 Manila – Tacloban – Manila
· 5J659/660 Manila – Tacloban – Manila
CEB said affected passengers who have been transferred to other flights available on the same day have been informed via contact details provided in their booking. Passengers may also opt to avail themselves of travel options through the Manage Booking portal on the Cebu Pacific website (http://bit.ly/CEBmanageflight) until 30 days from date of departure:
CEB has also started its booster program to ensure the continued safety of its employees and passengers.
CEB operates with 100% fully vaccinated active flying crew. Our pilots and cabin crew undergo regular antigen testing (Test Before Duty) before they are assigned to operate flights.
All CEB aircraft undergo extensive daily disinfection, which includes the misting of the cabin using a disinfectant approved for Airbus jets that is effective in eradicating viruses including the Novel Coronavirus. This process also ensures that all surfaces (such as passenger seats, overhead bins and cargo compartments) are covered and sanitized.
Our fleet of Airbus jets are equipped with hospital-grade High Efficiency Particulate Arrestor (HEPA) filters that are capable of filtering microscopic bacteria and virus clusters, including the COVID-19 with 99.99% efficiency.
Passengers are advised to update their contact details via bit.ly/CEBUpdateInfo to receive email notifications on flight reminders and updates.
Before going to the airport, passengers are advised to check the travel requirements, safety protocols, and frequently asked questions (FAQs) on the CEB website: bit.ly/CEBFaqs
For other questions or concerns, passengers may send a message via Charlie the Chatbot on the Cebu Pacific website.