Welcoming the New Year in Taguig?
The Taguig City government has identified areas in barangays designated as firecracker and no firecracker zones in the city.
Firecracker zones “are areas in the city where citizens may set and light up firecrackers” while in no firecracker zones, it “implies that selling and using firecrackers of any type is absolutely forbidden,” the city government said.
“During the New Year’s Eve celebration, minimum health standards and protocols must be strictly observed. Taguig City strongly believes that New Year can be celebrated by family and loved ones safely,” it added.
Here are the firecracker and no firecracker zones in barangays in Taguig:
FIRECRACKER ZONES IN TAGUIG
– Palingon – At the back of Barangay Hall, Purok 1 F. Dingguin Bayan Open Court and Purok 2 Bantayan
– Bambang – Open basketball court in Kentucky Street
– Wawa – Barangay Road and along Guerrero Street
– San Miguel – Victoria Compound basketball court in St. Michael, and open basketball court near barangay hall
– Lower Bicutan – Lakeshore Hall parking area
– Bagumbayan – Open lot of Old Cayetano Sport Complex
– Hagonoy – C6 (along jogging area)
– New Lower Bicutan – C6 Highway in front of Taguig Rescue
– Napindan – Samama (Dulo open area in Purok 5 extension, Tabing llog and Purok 5 (in front of Jelly Port)
– Ligid-Tipas – Plaza Bonifacio
– Sta. Ana – Plaza Quezon
– Tuktukan – Mabini Street, Gen. Luna Street and J.P. Rizal Street
– Ususan – Cayetano Boulevard
– South Daang Hari – Lakefront
– North Daang Hari – PNR Site
– Central Bicutan – Osano Park, and TCU open grounds at the back
– Upper Bicutan – Osano Park
– Fort Bonifacio – C1, 5th Avenue, Bonifacio High Street
– Katuparan – Open space of Materials Recovery Facility (MRF), 7th Street
– Central Signal – Zone 8 corner Ballecer Street in front of Em’s Elementary School, Zone 9 corner Ballecer Street in front of Signal Village National High School and Col. Bravo Street corner Mindanao Street (Putol na Tulay/Col. Bravo Bridge)
NO FIRECRACKER ZONES IN TAGUIG
– North Signal
– South Signal
– Western Bicutan
– Maharlika (total ban)