The Philippine National Police (PNP) will be deploying enough number of its personnel to secure the implementation of the face-to-face classes in at least 28 schools in Metro Manila on Monday, Dec. 6.
But it would be different this time as the PNP learned its lessons from the backlash when armed policemen were seen inside the classrooms of a Pangasinan school were a pilot face-to-face classes was implemented last month.
PNP chief Gen. Dionardo Carlos apologized over the incident.
“The resumption of the face-to-face learning setup is not new anymore for us since other schools have already started this last November,” said Carlos.
“We just have to follow the template and remind our police personnel to strictly limit themselves from going inside school premises unless there is a request for security assistance,” he added,
Carlos said they already have the list of 28 schools where the policemen would be deployed.
The PNP leadership, however, reminded the students, so with parents and guardians to still practice minimum health protocols such as wearing of facemask and frequent hand-washing.