Omega Esports is set to return in the Dota Pro Circuit scene as Valve lifted the ban it initially meted against the Philippine-based esports organization on Wednesday, Dec 1.
Omega said in a statement that Valve has accepted its appeal and allowed its team to join in the DPC SEA Spring Season and other Valve-sponsored events.
The SEA DPC League Winter Tour organizers announced the ban against Omega and some of its players last week due to game-fixing allegations. Omega denied the organization’s involvement and has reached out to the parties related to the incident and conducted a thorough internal investigation.
As a result, Omega terminated the contracts of the team’s head coach Chris “CTY” Maldo along with the two other current players involved in the controversy.
“We have terminated the contract of Chris “CTY” Maldo. Carrying out the decision of Valve, we have ended the contracts of Prince “Prince” Daculan, and Ryniel “Zenki” Calvez,” said Omega in the statement.
“Furthermore, Valve representatives have accepted our appeal to lift the ban on our organization, and has allowed us to join the DOTA Pro Circuit Spring Season and other Valve-sponsored events,” it added.
Meanwhile, the lifetime bans on CTY, Prince, Zenki, Dave “Hiro” Miyata, Piolo “Piolz” Dela Cruz, and Van Jerico “Van” Manalaysay remain in effect.
Omega reiterated its commitment in upholding fair and healthy competition in the global esports scene as it vowed to prevent the incident from happening again.
“Smart Omega will also strengthen its internal processes to prevent these kinds of incidents from happening in the future. As a staunch supporter of esports, our organization remains committed in upholding the rules of the league and in encouraging healthy competition in the global esports industry,” Omega stressed.