Comelec says 89 petitions filed to cancel COCs

Published November 29, 2021, 4:33 PM

by Leslie Ann Aquino

Nearly 90 petitions have so far been filed before the Commission on Elections (Comelec) seeking the cancellation or denial of due course of the certificate of candidacy (COC) of an aspirant in the May 2022 polls.

Comelec/MB

The Comelec released the list on Monday, Nov. 29.

Among the petitions in the list are those filed against presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. and senatorial aspirant Raffy Tulfo.

The petition against Marcos was filed by Fr. Christian Buenafe et al while the petition filed against Tulfo was filed by a certain Julieta Pearson.

Below is the list:

49712

49714

49715

49711

49716

49713

Meanwhile, the petition seeking the disqualification of Marcos was set to be raffled Monday (Nov. 29).

“The Ilagan vs Marcos petition will be raffled today Nov. 29 but we don’t have word yet as to what division it was raffled,” Comelec Spokesperson James Jimenez said in a press briefing in Manila.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["election-2022","news","news"]
[2875143,2914668,2914643,2914628,2914625,2914573,2914569]