Antipolo seniors and persons with disability (PWDs) who are registered with the Antipolo City government will be receiving Christmas gift packs starting next month.
In his announcement on the Facebook page of Mayor Andrea Bautista Ynares, city government spokesperson, Dr. Jun Ynares III said the city’s senior citizens and PWDs, numbering more than 90,000, will be getting a gift pack each as a Christmas gift from the city government.
Ynares said the giving of the Christmas packs was made possible through the partnership of the city government and the Puregold Price Club, Inc., as a way of showing the city government’s appreciation to the priceless contributions of the elderly and the PWDs to the city’s progress.
The packs will be distributed by village officials and house-to-house to the seniors and PWDs to ensure their safety.
For far-flung communities, the barangay office will designate a pick-up location where the seniors and the PWDs will go to get their holiday packs.
Those who have not yet registered with the Antipolo Office of the Senior Citizens Affairs (OSCA) for the seniors and the Antipolo Persons With Disabilities Affairs Office (PDAO) may go to the City Social Welfare and Development Office located at Juan Sumulong Elementary School during office hours.
For senior citizens or PWDs who may not be able to personally register, they may send a representative with the following documents:
Senior Citizen Registration:
- Photocopy of old senior citizen ID (if available)
- Photocopy of any valid ID
- Birth Certificate
- Barangay Certificate of Residency
- Signature or Thumbmark on a typewriting paper
- 2×2 ID picture with white background
- Latest certification on disability from your doctor (certification format available from PDAO)
- Barangay certificate of Residency
- Specimen Signature or thumbmark on a typewriting paper
- 2×2 picture with white background
- If Minor, photocopy of birth certificate