A packed schedule will prevent President Duterte from holding a second “Talk to the People” or TTP public briefing this week.
This was bared by Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Thursday, Oct. 21, during a virtual press conference.
“Wala na pong schedule for this week [na Talk to the People] dahil marami activities po ang Presidente for this week (There is no more Talk to the People scheduled for this week because the President has a lot of activities this week),” Roque said.
This will have been the second consecutive week that President Duterte conducted just one of his late night public briefings.
It was only last month when the Chief Executive said that Malacañang would be conducting the briefings twice a week.
The TTP has been an important venue for the President in updating Filipinos about the progress of important projects, like the newly-inaugurated Bicol International Airport.
He has also used the public briefing to respond to issues of alleged corruption in government, particularly on the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee’s ongoing investigation on the state’s procurement of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) supplies in 2020.
This had led to the outspoken President’s launching of tirades against Blue Ribbon panel chairman, Senator Richard Gordon.
In fact, Gordon was again a topic during Duterte’s last TTP, which aired on late Tuesday night.
Duterte chairs the ruling Partido Demokratiko Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban), which like other political parties are busy preparing for the May 2022 elections.