The Commission on Elections (Comelec) extended the voter registration hours and opened its offices on Saturdays in selected areas of the country.
In a statement, Comelec said starting Oct. 16, voter registration in select areas during weekdays will be from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. For Saturdays, voter registration will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
“To reiterate, all types of application will be accepted, not just those that may come from first-time registrants,” said Comelec Spokesperson James Jimenez in a statement.
Comelec said that this will be implemented in Offices of the Election Officer (OEOs) and in mall registration sites in these following areas:
- All cities and municipalities in the National Capital Region (NCR)
- The municipalities of Alcala and San Quintin in Pangasinan
- Tarlac City and the municipalities of Capas and Concepcion in Tarlac
- All municipalities and city in Quezon Province
- Labo, Camarines Norte
- Castilla, Sorsogon
- The cities of Cebu, Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu in Cebu Province
Meanwhile, in the following localities, registration hours will still be from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but also with Saturday registration on Oct. 16 and 23.
- The municipalities of Anda, Sto. Tomas and Sual in Pangasinan
- The municipalities of Aringay, Balaoan and Caba in La Union
- All cities and municipalities of Ilocos Sur
- The municipalities of Balatan, Bula, Cabusao, Goa, Lagonoy, Libmanan, Magarao, Minalabac, Ragay, Sagñay, San Fernando, San Jose, Tigaon and Tinambac in Camarines Sur
“The rest of the country will follow the registration days and hours of Mondays to Fridays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, registration will be conducted on the last day, Oct. 30, 2021, which is a Saturday,” the Comelec said.