San Juan City COVID-19 cases down to less than 500

Published October 2, 2021, 10:49 AM

by Patrick Garcia

San Juan City once again saw a sharp decline in its active COVID-19 cases, Mayor Francis Zamora said on Friday, Oct. 1.

In a Facebook post, Zamora said that the city has 498 active COVID-19 cases as of Sept. 30, a 56 percent decline from 1,123 cases last Sept. 15.

“But we should not be complacent. I continue to enjoin each and every San Juaneño to adhere to all health and safety protocols so that we can further bring down the numbers in our city which will enable us to live and thrive in a safer environment while at the same time allow our economy to reopen gradually,” Zamora said.

The mayor attributed the sharp decline to the increasing number of people getting vaccinated against the virus.

As of Sept. 29, San Juan has inoculated 190,292 individuals with their first dose and fully vaccinated 154,123.

Last Sept. 30, Zamora announced that the city is all set for the COVID-19 vaccination of minors aged 12 to 17.

“(There is) not really (any problem). We launched our online vaccine registration (for individuals aged 12-17) last week and in about seven days, we already have around 3,000 registrants. So it is no different from our previous inoculations, except that we are now focusing on a younger age group and I have seen the eagerness of parents to register them,” Zamora said in an interview with CNN Philippines.

“In fact, we are preparing already. We are saving all our Moderna and Pfizer vaccines because only these two have been given the EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) for the age group 12-17,” he added.

READ MORE: https://mb.com.ph/2021/09/30/mayor-zamora-san-juan-all-set-for-upcoming-vaccination-of-minors/

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["metro","news","news"]
[2827126,2917091,2917086,2917075,2917069,2917060,2917064]