The Department of Health (DOH) on Saturday, Sept. 25, confirmed 16,907 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) nationwide, while it also reported zero deaths due to technical glitch in its data collecting system.
The new infections brought the number of active cases or patients still being treated to 165,110.
Ninety-four percent of the active cases either have mild symptoms or are asymptomatic. However, 0.7 percent are in critical condition, 1.6 percent are severe, and 3.12 percent are moderate cases.
A total of 2,470,235 people in the Philippines contracted COVID-19 since the pandemic started last year.
There were 27,121 new patients who have recovered, bringing the survivors’ tally to 2,267,720.
Meanwhile, the DOH did not report any deaths related to COVID-19 for two consecutive days already. It noted that this was due to the technical issue being encountered by the DOH COVID-19 data collecting system.
“The Department of Information and Communications Technology is currently addressing issues encountered by the system,” the DOH said.
“When the issue is resolved, the succeeding increase in deaths in the following reports will be due to the previous days’ backlogs,” it added.
With this, the country’s COVID-19 death toll remained at 37,405.
DOH Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire reminded the public to remain vigilant despite the observation that the spread of COVID-19 transmission is starting to slow down.
“Nakita naman natin unti-unti pong nababawasan o nagdi-decline ang mga numero ng kaso (We have seen that the number of cases gradually decreases). But we would like to emphasize to everybody that we should cautiously interpret our current data,” she said.
“Ituloy pa rin po natin iyong ating pagpuprotekta sa ating sarili at sa ating komunidad (We should continue to protect ourselves and our community),” she added.