Subdivisions and villages in Muntinlupa started displaying the number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in their communities as a new strategy to create awareness about the virus.
The Muntinlupa City government, 119 homeowners associations and barangays agreed to use tarpaulins to display the number of new and active COVID-19 cases at subdivision gates.
According to the city government, this is being used to guard areas of concern, or places where there is a high number of COVID-19 cases.
As of Sept. 6, Muntinlupa has 2,464 active COVID-19 cases out of 21,462 confirmed cases. It also logged 18,531 recoveries and 467 deaths.
Among the barangays in Muntinlupa, Putatan has the highest number of active COVID-19 cases with 561, followed by Poblacion, 549; Tunasan, 435; Alabang, 288; Cupang, 253; Sucat, 126; Bayanan, 124; Ayala Alabang, 104; and Buli, 24.
Since Aug. 10, the Muntinlupa City government has placed 15 communities under Extreme Localized Community Quarantine (ELCQ) or granular lockdown due to the high number of COVID-19 cases.
The ELCQ is imposed in streets, buildings, apartments, and other small communities. Under ELCQ, no one in the community will be allowed to leave except in emergency cases.
According to the Department of Health (DOH), the highly contagious Delta variant has been detected in all local government units (LGUs) in the National Capital Region (NCR).
The whole NCR will be placed under general community quarantine (GCQ) from Sept. 8 to 30, and the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases has agreed to impose granular lockdowns in different areas.
As of Sept. 7, the following areas in Muntinlupa are under granular lockdown:
1. No. 1405 Jaysonville II Subdivision in Brgy. Putatan – Sept. 3 to 18
2. Business/residential building on Rizal Street, Brgy. Poblacion – Sept. 3 to 18
3. Sitio Aplaya, Rizal Street, Brgy. Poblacion – Sept. 3 to 18
4. Floors 1, 8, 9, 11 and 14 of Anala Tower, Anuva Residences, Brgy. Buli – Aug. 31 to Sept. 15
5. Unira Compound, Sto. Niño, Brgy. Tunasan – Aug. 29 to Sept. 13
6. Dizon Compound, Number 22, St. Bernard Street, San Jose Village, Brgy. Cupang – Aug. 28 to Sept. 12
7. Mahogany Street and Kamagong Street, Villa Carolina 2 Subdivision, Brgy. Tunasan – Aug. 24 to Sept. 8
8. Building 2, BLISS Complex, Brgy. Putatan – Aug. 23 to Sept. 7
Areas where the granular lockdown was lifted upon completion of the required quarantine period are:
1. Building 17 at Filinvest Socialized Housing, Brgy. Alabang – Aug. 19 to Sept. 2
2. Angelo, Horilleno, Endencia, Paredes and Barrera Streets, Katarungan Village 1, Brgy. Poblacion – Aug. 19 to Sept. 2
3. Purok 3, Molera Compound, Brgy. Sucat – Aug. 6 to 27
4. Purok 7, Beatriz Compound, De Mesa L & B Street, Brgy. Alabang – Aug. 6 to 27
5. Hills View, Brgy. Putatan – Aug. 12 to 26
6. Mangga Street, Lakeview Homes, Brgy. Putatan – Aug. 12 to 26
7. Chico Street, Laguerta, Brgy. Tunasan – Aug. 10 to 25