The surge in coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases has prompted the Muntinlupa City government to place another community under granular lockdown.
Mayor Jaime Fresnedi ordered the imposition of a 15-day Extreme Localized Community Quarantine (ELCQ) at Number 1405 Jaysonville II Subdivision in Brgy. Putatan starting at 6 p.m. on Sept. 3 until 6 p.m. of Sept. 18 upon the recommendation of the City Health Office (CHO).
The Jaysonville community is the third area to be placed under lockdown on Sept. 3 and the 15th overall since Aug. 10. Under ELCQ, no one in the community will be allowed to leave except in emergency cases.
From one confirmed case last week, the number of residents who tested positive for COVID-19 in Jaysonville II through reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) tests has climbed to 10. The CHO said the attack rate in the area is 4,761.90 per 10,000 population with a very narrow case doubling time of two days.
The community is composed of 21 residents belonging to six households. Of the total population, there are two senior citizens, one person with disability (PWD) and one aged 0-5.
At noon Friday, the city government placed a building with 60 occupants, and Sitio Aplaya, with 292 residents, both located on Rizal Street, Brgy. Poblacion, under granular lockdown until Sept. 18.
Here are the areas in Muntinlupa that are currently under granular lockdown:
1. No. 1405 Jaysonville II Subdivision in Brgy. Putatan – Sept. 3 to 18
2. Business/residential building on Rizal Street, Brgy. Poblacion – Sept. 3 to 18
3. Sitio Aplaya, Rizal Street, Brgy. Poblacion – Sept. 3 to 18
4. Floors 1, 8, 9, 11 and 14 of Anala Tower, Anuva Residences, Brgy. Buli – Aug. 31 to Sept. 15
5. Unira Compound, Sto. Niño, Brgy. Tunasan – Aug. 29 to Sept. 13
6. Dizon Compound, Number 22, St. Bernard Street, San Jose Village, Brgy. Cupang – Aug. 28 to Sept. 12
7. Mahogany Street and Kamagong Street, Villa Carolina 2 Subdivision, Brgy. Tunasan – Aug. 24 to Sept. 8
8. Building 2, BLISS Complex, Brgy. Putatan – Aug. 23 to Sept. 7
Areas in Muntinlupa where the ELCQ was lifted upon completion of the required quarantine:
1. Building 17 at Filinvest Socialized Housing, Brgy. Alabang – Aug. 19 to Sept. 2
2. Angelo, Horilleno, Endencia, Paredes and Barrera Streets, Katarungan Village 1, Brgy. Poblacion – Aug. 19 to Sept. 2
3. Purok 3, Molera Compound, Brgy. Sucat – Aug. 6 to 27
4. Purok 7, Beatriz Compound, De Mesa L & B Street, Brgy. Alabang – Aug. 6 to 27
5. Hills View, Brgy. Putatan – Aug. 12 to 26
6. Mangga Street, Lakeview Homes, Brgy. Putatan – Aug. 12 to 26
7. Chico Street, Laguerta, Brgy. Tunasan – Aug. 10 to 25
As of Sept. 3, Muntinlupa has 2,389 active COVID-19 cases out of 20,954 confirmed cases, 18,107 recoveries and 458 deaths.